Magnolia grandiflora Ferruginea
THIS PRODUCT IS EXEMPT FROM ANY PROMOTIONS, DISCOUNTS AND EXPRESS DELIVERY
Magnolia grandiflora 'Ferruginea' has a more spherical aspect than most cultivars, with glossy dark green leaves up to 8 in. long with large fragrant, goblet-shaped flowers up to 9 in. across with creamy white petals.
Sorry, this product is no longer available.
Magnolia grandiflora 'Ferruginea' has a more spherical aspect than most cultivars, leaves are glossy dark green, broadly ovate, to 8 in. long with rust, hairy undersides. Large fragrant flowers are goblet-shaped and creamy white with 9-10 petals and up to 9 in. across.
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- MAGNOLIA grandiflora 'Ferruginea'
- Evergreen, leathery, glossy, dark-green leaves to 20cm (8in) long
- Rich rusty red indumentum on the underside of the leaves
- Tree - produces large, goblet-shaped cream blooms to 25cm (9in) across
- Scented flowers (citrus fragrance) August to October
- Height - 10m (33ft) Spread - 5m (16ft)
- Full Sun/Partial Shade - shelter from strong winds
- Neutral to Alkaline Soil - suitable for chalk
- Supplied in 3 litre pot
- Allow up to 14 days for delivery