Irrigatia Solar Automatic Irrigation Kit
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery
The Irrigatia Solar Automatic Irrigation Kit requires no mains water supply or electricity and it won't waste your valuable water butt collected and stored water by irrigating garden plants when the weather is cloudy or overcast...More information
The Irrigatia Solar Automatic Irrigation Kit requires no mains water supply or electricity and it won't waste your valuable water butt-collected and stored water by irrigating garden plants when the weather is cloudy or overcast; instead, this ingenious solar powered pump system will automatically spring into life when the sun beats down and your plants need moisture the most.
The engine room of the system is the pump unit which is simply mounted above a water butt (you'll need to supply your own water butt!) and pumps water every three hours - the quantity delivered depends on the sunshine hours and the position of the control knob.
Water is delivered to your plants by the 10 dripper nozzles, 10m of distribution piping and all the various fixings you'll need and is ideal for irrigating raised beds, open borders and even greenhouse watering. The more sun the more it waters - waters every 3 hours
The Irrigatia Solar Irrigation Kit provides a simple and highly effective solution to garden watering - just add water (and a water butt)!
- Irrigatia Solar Irrigation Kit requires no mains water or electricity
- Kit comprises of pump unit, tubing and dripper nozzles
- Pump houses solar charged battery
- Water only delivered when required in sunny conditions unlike timer-run systems
- Use with a water butt or other storage tank (not supplied)
- Pump unit has adjustable water quantity setting
- Water delivered every 3 hours
- Quantity of water pumped varies with sunshine hours and control knob setting
- Ideal for holiday watering
- Includes 10m of distribution pipe, 10 dripper nozzles and stakes
- Automatic watering for up to 5 large hanging baskets or 12 x 20 litre pots
- Uses up to 90% less water than a hose
- All neccessary fittings included
- Full easy installation and operating instructions supplied
- Waterwand should not be positioned more than 20m from water butt and no more than 2m higher than the water butt.
- Ideal for use in raised beds, open borders, vegetable plots and even hanging baskets
What The Press Say
The simplicity of the system is one of its key selling points. You don’t need to have an outside tap, you don’t need a hose pipe and you don’t need any power source other than the sun. This makes it ideal not only for the patio but for a greenhouse or allotment where you should be able to set up a water butt and keep your tomatoes and other vegetables in good shape even if you can’t get down to water them. Verdict: Pros: Simple, flexible, eco-friendly and especially useful during a hose pipe ban. Cons: A bit fiddly to put together, though no more than other irrigation systems.