Our Rectangle Metal Planters in Anthracite Grey are contemporary, smart and beautifully engineered and a great choice to show off your favourite flowers and feature plants and give your outdoor space an instant update.
- UK engineered and manufactured using 1mm thick galvanised steel with super strength ‘double folded’ panel construction that bolts together
- 10 YEAR STRUCTURAL GUARANTEE
- Larger size planters include additional internal strengthening ribs on the inside of side panels to prevent bowing
- Built to last and low maintenance, just jet wash to maintain a pristine appearance
- One-piece side panels are decorated with capping on top for strong aesthetic appeal
- Galvanised steel is painted inside and out using our 7 stage, state of the art, high temperature powder coating process for a weather proof finish in stylish Anthracite Grey
- Bases include drainage holes that can be plugged if required with supplied bungs.
- The planter bases can either sit level with the ground or reverse the base so it is inverted to create a shadow gap
- Anthracite Grey is RAL #7016
- Self assembly required
We understand that some people want to insulate metal planters (we can assist with this if required) but we have seen no evidence over the years we have been selling the product which suggests that there is any detrimental effect to plant health as long as watered appropriately.
How Much Soil Will I Need?
Calculating the quantity of soil you will require to fill your planter is relatively simple; you just need to multiply the length of your planter by the width and the height in metres, multiply by 1000 and the figure you arrive at is the amount of compost you'll need in litres e.g.
1.2m long x 0.3m wide x 0.7m high = (1.2 x 0.3 x 0.7) x 1000 = 252 litres
There is a calculator on the Rolawn Soil page to make things easier. The soil is available in bulk 1000 litre tote bags so ideal if you are looking to fill a number of planters. For more details on filling your metal planter please contact our Customer Services Team.
What The Press Say
Grow Your OwnMay 2018
GYO must-have - Harrod Horticultural Metal Raised Bed and Planters. New for 2018, in a contemporary anthracite grey or a stylish corten effect and available in a size to suit any garden.