If you’re looking for some netting to fence in your chickens, this is a great choice. This handy flexible fencing comes in 12, 21 and 32 metre rolls and is very easy to put up and move about. Can be used to keep your chickens within a specific area - giving them more space to roam - or out of a part of your garden, like your prized vegetable patch.
The Omlet Chicken Fencing is now easy to spot at night and on gloomy evenings thanks to some new reflective features. Not only are the guy ropes reflective but the gate now also features a reflective badge so you can find it easily in the dark. This is really handy in winter when you might be popping out to check on your hens at dusk.
- The black flexible fencing supplied in a roll, blends well into the garden
- New reflective guy ropes and reflective badge features
- Overall height measures 1.25 metres
- This is very easy to put up and move about.
- Simply thread the double spiked poles through the fencing.
- All poles have two spikes making it easy to 'tread' them into the ground and providing stability.
- Just pop the fencing into the top cap of the poles and then simply push the poles into the ground to secure them in position.
- Complete with an inbuilt gate with a strong catch that is quick and easy to open but secure,
- You can position the gate wherever suits the layout of fencing and garden
- The fencing has holes that are only 50mm wide making it also suitable for small birds.
- POL-013 (12m) includes 6 poles, 1 gate pole & 16 pegs
- POL-014 (21m) includes 10 poles, 1 gate pole & 24 pegs
- POL-015 (32m) includes 16 poles, 1 gate pole & 36 pegs
Probably the best I've seen on the market but when relocating it's very easy for it all to get tangled up. The sections can sag & clever small chickens will pull down the netting and escape through the larger holes - yes honestly have seen with my own eyes!! What has prompted me to write this is my extreme disappointment at not being able to replace just the netting which over time (12 months) has become subject to wear & tear. Harrod tell me I would have to buy the whole product including poles which in my opinion is crazy
Many thanks for your feedback which we greatly appreciate, your comments have been passed onto our R & D Dept for further review
If you want a regular rectangle arrangement then this fence will do very nicely. For any other design, however, it just doesn't really work. I bought the longest length with teh intention of pitching it from one side of our garden to the other, closing off the rear portion of the garden for the chickens' use. But there is no gate as such - just a clip with attaches to the other end of the fence, forcing you to loop it around to use it. Am now having to get another shorter length so that I can meet them in the middle and make the gate that way. Also, as others have said, very saggy - four guide ropes aren't enough if you want to construct anything other than a square / rectangle. On the plus side, the fence itself is made from durable enough twine and it looks fairly smart.
Many thanks for your feedback which we greatly appreciate, your comments have been passed on to our Purchasing Dept
this is absolutely the right product for the job! I has replaced my hitch pitch of supports, plastic and chicken wire fencing to keep my girls in. Took a little while to get the gate but sorted, but once that was done the rest quickly 'slotted into place', almost literally!