Echinops bannaticus Veitch's Blue
THIS PRODUCT IS EXEMPT FROM ANY PROMOTIONS, DISCOUNTS AND EXPRESS DELIVERY
Echinops bannaticus Veitch's Blue, is a compact, clump forming perennial commonly known as Globe thistle and has blue thistle-like spherical flowers and silver efect foliage.
Sorry, this product is no longer available.
Echinops bannaticus Veitch's Blue, commonly known as Globe thistle has blue thistle-like flowers with silver foliage, a compact, clump forming perennial. The spiny leaves dark-green have a cobwebby appearance above and white beneath, giving a silver effect.
Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
- Echinops bannaticus Veitch's Blue (Globe thistle)
- Compact, clump forming perennial
- Silver effect spiny leaves up to 20cm (8in) long
- Flowers July to August
- Produces spherical flowerheads 2.5-4.5cm (1-1¾in) across
- Good for cutting
- Wildlife plant - loved by bees, butterflies, and birds
- Full Sun or Partial Shade
- Tolerant of almost any soil
- Height - 90cm (36in)
- Spread - 60cm (24in)
- Supplied in 1.5 - 2 litre pots
- Available singularly or sets of 3
- Allow up to 14 days for delivery