Winter Tree Wash (450 ml)
This natural Winter Tree Wash is ideal for use in an organic garden and by following the 'prevention is better than cure' motto, your fruit trees and bushes will see the benefits come growing season! More information
This natural Winter Tree Wash is ideal for use in an organic garden and by following the 'prevention is better than cure' motto, your fruit trees and bushes will see the benefits come growing season!
Based on natural plant oils, the tree wash liquid is mixed with water and sprayed on dormant fruit trees and bushes where it takes care of hibernating pests and their eggs; the result is far reduced pest activity when the weather warms up. The tree wash is supplied in a 450ml bottle complete with dosing chamber; just 10ml of winter tree wash will make a 100ml of spray and key application times are between October and December and again in late March. And it's RHS recommended!
- Winter Tree Wash supplied in 450ml bottle
- Use on all fruit trees and shrubs
- Dilute 10ml of concentrated wash to make 100ml of spray
- Dosing chamber makes measuring liquid simple and accurate
- Made from natural plant oils
- Perfectly safe to use around children and pets
- Fits into any organic gardening regime
- Apply between October and December and again in late March
- Kills vast majority of overwintering insect pests and eggs
- Can also be used to treat dormant vines grown under glass
- Works on contact with pest and eggs
- Winter Tree wash is the only product recommended by the RHS for treating pests on deciduous fruit trees and bushes in the winter
What The Press Say
What to do this week on your Fruit and Veg Plot
Giving trees a winter wash helps to prevent disease and damage from sap-sucking pests such as rosy apple aphid. Their eggs overwinter on the tree, lodging in crevices in the bark and between branches, then the aphids appear in spring and summer. Trees were once routinely sprayed with a strong tar wash, but now these washes have been replaced with organic alternatives, based on plant oils. Use the spray on deciduous trees when they are dormant.
Winter tree care
Spraying any tree with a winter wash is a great way of reducing pest problems in the growing season. These plant oil-based products will kill off any overing wintering insects such as greenfly and red spidermite, as well as destroying their eggs. Some will also tackle moss and lichen - particularly good for trees with ornamental bark. Apply on a frost free day with low wind to prevent drift.