Strulch Dual Action Garden Mulch
Strulch Dual Action Garden Mulch is a mineralized wheat straw garden mulch which reduces weed growth by up to 95%, enriches soil, helps to retain moisture, offers protection around plants and also deters slugs and snails.
Strulch Garden Mulch is used by famous sites such as RHS Wisley, Ryton Organic Gardens, The Eden Project and has been featured on BBC Gardeners World at Berryfields. A light and easy to use mineralized wheat straw garden mulch which reduces weed growth by up to 95%, enriches soil, helps to retain moisture, offers protection around plants and also deters slugs and snails.
Each 100 litre bag which will cover up to 3m2 - Special Offer Buy 2 bags and save £1.
*Please Note: If your order is for 3 bags or more there is an additional delivery charge - you will need to call us on 0333 400 6400 for a quote.
1-2 bags postage = £4.95
3-4 bags postage = £9.90
5-6 bags postage = £14.85
7-8 bags postage = £19.80 etc...
- Strulch has a neutral pH and can be used throughout the garden on borders, raised beds, around cultivated fruit and on vegetable plots
- Reduces weed growth by up to 95%, enriches soil and its structure and helps retain moisture around plants
- This mineralised straw garden mulch, lasts up to two years, spreading the cost, saving water and fertiliser, making your plants grow healthier and stronger and giving you more time to relax.
- Mulching with Strulch is good gardening practice because it provides a protective covering for the soil, assists in the retention of soil moisture so that nutrients are more easily absorbed by plant roots and also protect roots from heat stress.
- Being biodegradable and will break down over time, adding valuable organic matter and nutrients to enrich your soil, improve drainage and make your plants grow healthily.
- Encourages earthworm activity by acting as a long term food source for surface feeding species, which makes your soil even better.
- Strulch is made from renewable and local resources which do not harm the environment
- The physical properties of Strulch together with the embedded minerals deters slugs and snails
- Strulch has been used at the following prestigious gardens and sites RHS Wisley,The Eden Project, Ryton Organic Gardens, Helmsley Walled Garden - the gardens of the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland and The Duke and Duchess of Westminster's estate at Eaton Hall in Cheshire and Strulch has featured regularly at Berryfields on BBC Gardeners World.
- Available in 100 litre bags which will cover up to 3m2.
- There is a maximum of 10 bags per order - When ordering 3 bags or more then please call for a P&P quote.
- Also available as Bulk Deliveries - huge savings on individual bag prices.
This is the 2nd time I have bought this product. I was so delighted with it last year that I have bought it again for my 6 raised veg beds. kept the slugs off. warmed the soil early. retained the moisture and then improved the soil structure. Outstanding!!
I found the mulch easy to use and I liked the smell and the idea that it would improve the soil. I put it around slug sensitive plants and they have not suffered slug attack. I will be buying more and have recommended it to friends. Delivery was quick as well.
What The Press Say
Grow Your OwnJune 2019
Summer Survival Guide
Strulch made from wheat straw with added minerals. The long lasting mulch keeps moisture in the soil, prevents weeds from germinating and acts as a slug and snail deterrent. It has a neutral pH so can be used anywhere on the allotment and is ideal for protecting overwintering crops and bare ground. It adds nutrients and will improve the soil structure and drainage over time.
Gardens IllustratedApril 2015
Get Kitted Out for Spring
Featured Product - Strulch dual action mulch