Smart Valve® Watering Kit
The gravity fed Smart Valve® Watering Kit requires no power source yet still manages to deliver an unerringly accurate flow of water to plant or water holding capillary matting-lined greenhouse trays
Sorry, this product is no longer available.
The gravity fed Smart Valve® Watering Kit requires no power source yet still manages to deliver an unerringly accurate flow of water to plant or water holding capillary matting-lined greenhouse trays.
The adjustable depth regulator of the valve sits in your plant tray and is fitted with a moisture sensor to monitor water levels and once the sensor realises more water is required, it does the rest. All you need to do is provide a water reservoir - this can be as simple as a bucket or sophisticated as a water butt - position it 20cm above the height of the tray you wish to fill and install the kit.
The simple Smart Valve® watering kit consists of the smart valve with water inlet tubing, an outlet fitting and hole forming tool to enable you to connect up to that bucket or water butt and 1.25m of 4mm diameter tubing. Set-up takes minutes, the depth regulator will keep the water level between 7mm and 20mm and working with a 5 litre water reservoir feeding a 1m² tray, your plants will stay watered for up to 4 weeks - an ideal holiday watering accomplice!
And here's the technical horticultural bit - using the Smart Valve® system, plants can never be overwatered and the healthy, natural 'wet and dry' cycle the valve delivers ensures maximum root growth and water uptake. Watering - especially when on holiday - has never been so simple!
- Smart Valve® Watering Kit supplies water from reservoir to capillary matting-lined hydroponic or greenhouse plant trays
- Gravity fed system
- No mains electricity, batteries or any power source required
- 3 setting water depth regulator placed in tray
- Kit includes depth regulator, 1.25m x 4mm diameter tubing, outlet fitting and hole former
- Punch hole in your choice of reservoir with hole former
- Insert outlet fitting and connect tubing to complete set up
- Position reservoir (not supplied) at least 20cm above tray
- Depth regulator responds to plant needs and water levels in tray
- settings allow 7mm to 20mm depth of water
- Ideal for holiday watering
- Unobtrusive and quick to install
- Use a bucket, water butt or any plastic container as reservoir
- Creates a natural wet and dry cycle to promote maximum plant growth
- Impossible to over and under water plants
- Cuts usual water usage by over 35%
- 5 litre reservoir will keep a 1m² tray watered for up to 4 weeks
- Supplied with full installation and operating instructions
Simple to set up, and once installed it works exactly as described, perfect for my polytunnel which is on an allotment a few miles away and I don't visit every day. To run it from a water butt, you have to buy a connector to go from standard hose pipe to the thin pipe used. Also they recommend a filter to stop the works getting clogged from dirty water - as it happened I had one left over from some old kit, but if I hadn't I don't know where I would have got one. Maybe Harrod H should look at providing compatible options for these additional times.
Many thanks for your feedback, your comments have been passed onto our Purchasing Dept.
What The Press Say
"Great value. It performed as promised and provided excellent plant growing conditions. 20/20!"