Sluggo Slug and Snail Killer effectively controls slugs and snails on all types of vegetables, fruit and ornamental plants without harming the environment. Certified organic by the Organic Farmers and Growers Association and the only slug pellet which has been awarded the Ecocert logo.
Slugs and snails can cause a lot of damage in the vegetable garden and these pellets are rain resistant and swell when damp to make them even more attractive to slugs and snails. They are biodegradable and any unconsumed pellets convert into iron and phosphate in the soil, delivering added nutrients to the plants.
Works by attracting slugs away from the plant. Once ingested, the slugs cease feeding immediately and disappear underground to die. No slimy secretion is left, and there is no need to collect and dispose of any dead snails.
- Sluggo Slug and Snail Killer (800g)
- Organic, long-lasting, effective slug and snail control
- Slug pellets safe to pets, children and wildlife
- Active ingredient content 10g/kg Iron-III phosphate
- Active ingredient is an iron compound that also occurs in nature
- Does not leave visible dead snails
- Slugs and snails do not produce mucus and decompose
- Certified for organic use
- Extremely resistant to rain due to innovative bait technology
- Suitable for use in gardens and on allotments
- 800g Pack will treat up to 160 square metres
- Application - scatter 5 grams per square metre
Are these pellets (Sluggo Slug and Snail Killer*) really wildlife and environmentally friendly?
Yes. The active ingredient iron phosphate also occurs in nature. Even if a bird, pet, hedgehog or earthworm feeds on a pellet they will not be harmed. This is one of the main reasons why iron phosphate pellets are approved for Organic gardening, recommended by "Which? Gardening" and are the slug pellet of choice of the Royal Horticultural Society. Please note that all plant protection products such as these, have to include standard safety warnings on the packaging which relates to keeping out of the reach of children and pets. This is standard good practice.
I have pets, hedgehogs and other beneficial insects in the garden. Can I use Sluggo Slug and Snail Killer*?
Yes, absolutely! The active ingredient iron (III) phosphate also occurs in nature, therefore you don´t have to fear damage to animals when using Sluggo Slug and Snail Killer*. This has been proven in the many years we have sold Sluggo Slug & Snail Killer* in other European countries, ahead of its introduction to the UK.
What The Press Say
Grow Your OwnJuly 2019
Neudorff's Slug and Snail Killer can be used in exactly the same way as other slug pellets, but also protects animals that eat large amounts of the pests such as hedgehogs and birds. The slug pellets stop slugs and snails eating very quickly and once consumed they die in their burrows leaving no slime trails or visible dead slugs.