The Original Slug Copper Rings form a physical barrier around plants and also gives slugs an unpleasant shock-like sensation when they try and cross or climb the copper, caused by a reaction between the metal and the mucus they rely on to move.
These quality copper rings have a rolled top edge for easily handling, are easy to clip together to form a reliable barrier and will last for years slowly weathering to a dull finish, but remaining just as effective.
The Slug Copper Rings are supplied in a pack of 6 which fit inside each other ranging from 17cm to 18cm diameter.
- Large rings measure from 17cm to 18cm across
- Supplied as a pack of 6
- Rolled top edge for easy handling
- Slug Copper Rings form a physical barrier round the plant
- Shock-like sensation deters the slug should it attempt to scale the copper
- Rings pull apart to enable them to be removed from climbers or bushy plants
- When applying, ensure that the area is free from slugs and that no leaves are touching the surrounding soil
- Copper will dull quickly after handling and exposure to weather
- Weathered Slug Copper Rings turn a brown colour and blend with the soil
- Discoloured ring does not affect performance
Extra Value Saver on Large Twin Packs - Save £3
Better quality rings than those I bought elsewhere, and not much more expensive.
These copper rings are the best slug deterrent ever. I had bought some a couple of years ago so they have been on trial since then and I am very pleased with the results. They are not cheap but they really do work and are a good investment. The first pack I bought were two different sizes but I found I joined them up to suit large plants so I bought a pack of all large sizes this time. I shall certainly be coming back for more. As ever, it was a pleasure to deal with Harrod once again!
Unfortunately, they still let the slugs in and 2 of my hostas were eaten away while we were away for 2 weeks. I still have to put slug pellets inside and outside the rings, but they are better than anything else I have tried. Last year I bought from you the copper tape too. This was hopeless and had no effect at all. Daphne Leith
What The Press Say
Slug Barriers - Man the barricades - Julia Heaton looks for the best controls for the slimy pests
5***** for Performance, simple and quick to push into the soil (checking for slugs first). There's no doubt these were the easiest to use and most attractive, taking on a pleasant looking brown patina after a few weeks. Very easy to pull apart and move to another site when required.