Keeping leaves and other plant debris out of your pond has long challenged gardeners and fish enthusiasts, but our Raised Steel Pond Covers provide the perfect solution. Combining the strength of black, polyester powder coated, galvanised steel with the protective qualities of our 19mm mesh knotted netting, the steel pond covers effectively keep leaves and debris out of your pond and helps to protect fish too.
Falling leaves decompose and cause algae to flourish but thanks to the Raised Steel Pond Cover designs - available in a wide range of sizes from 1.5m square up to 3.5m square - cloudy water could be a thing of the past! Herons and other fish predators will also struggle to penetrate the knotted net and the steel framework blends into the garden background.
Please note that the Steel Pond Covers are not designed or guaranteed to prevent children or pets from falling into ponds, and young children should always be supervised near garden ponds or water.
*Please note that our Steel Pond Cover sizes are generous and where space is limited please allow an extra 2% to the measurements for fitting.
- Steel Pond Covers manufactured from 25mm/1" square x 1.5mm thick, galvanised and black polyester powder coated steel
- Covered with high quality polyethylene 19mm square mesh knotted net
- Raised Pond Covers are 40cm High to avoid marginal planting
- Also available in Flat Steel Pond Cover versions
- Netting is whipped neatly onto frame with twine
- Simple to assemble
- Pond covers available in a wide range of sizes from 1.5 sqm to 3.5 sqm
- Lay covers side by side to span larger ponds
- Frames can be easily moved or stored
- 19mm mesh netting will collect all but the smallest of leaves
- Ideal way of preventing leaves and other debris from entering the pond
- Effective deterrent to herons and other predators
- Framework identical to that used on our Heavy Duty Steel Fruit Cages
- Self Assembly required - Full instructions included
- No more struggling with awkward, wet netting
- 10 year framework guarantee
We bought a 2m square cover for our pond, desperate to stop herons feeding on our fish. Putting the steel frame together was very easy and although straightening the netting to fit was a bit tricky, it is well worth persevering with. The end result is excellent. Although raised, you forget the cover is there and look through it. The fish are safe and the cover also stops leaves falling into the water. We consider this is probably one of the best purchases we could have made.
We ordered the 3 metre square pond cover for our garden pond. The metal frame is solid and easy to put together. The net does need to be pegged out on the ground I felt to get it into a square shape and it does take a fair bit of two people pulling it into shape. The black re-usable tags are great but we only had 36 which was not enough so I ordered another 100 for £8.99 from Amazon. It is definitely a 'trial and error' job if you are not used to this. It took us a couple of days to get the net evenly over our 9ft square pond and I decided against using the twine. I used 26 tags evenly spaced along the bottom bar of each of the four sides to get it properly secured. It was not necessary to put any along the top bar (which would have spoiled the neat look). Hope this will be helpful for anyone, like us, not used to stretching these nets over a large pond. I found nowhere else on the internet that made a neat looking pond cover which was not too high but high enough to allow our Lilly plants and marginals to flower properly. Very happy with this purchase.