Overwintering Plant Tent
2m x 2.4m & 2.8m x 3.4m
Send your vulnerable potted plants on a frost free winter camping trip in your own back garden with the Overwintering Plant Tent, fully loaded pop up winter protection tents an Everest expedition would be glad to use
Available in an extra large size measuring 2.8m by 3.4m - the Overwintering Plant Tent features a sturdy click together frame and the material giving your plants total winter protection is UV resistant, 130 gsm PVC-foil. There's an insulated ground sheet which zips onto the tent too make things even more toasty and light and air are in plentiful supply thanks to the light transmissive qualities of the PVC foil and the vent hole.
The Overwintering Plant Tent can be used to compliment an existing greenhouse which may prove too costly to heat or can be used as the sole source of winter plant protection and you needn't confine the tent to winter use; it is equally adept at warming the soil and forming a protective cloche over early crops, and can also be filled with a layer of soil to raise spring crops inside!
You can even deploy the plant tent as a summer hot house for your temperate fruit and vegetables and with its flexibility, easy relocation and 30 minute assembly time - and the fact you can fold it away in the accompanying carry bag - we're sure the Overwintering Plant Tent is going to be in use 12 months of the year!
- Overwintering Plant Tent available in Extra Large Size
- Measures 2.8m H x 3.4m W
- Perfect for protecting vulnerable winter potted and container plants
- Offer an inexpensive alternative to greenhouse
- Can also be used to compliment greenhouse as an overflow
- Plants inside protected from snow, hail, frost, wind and rain
- Sturdy clip together frame
- UV resistant PVC foil cover
- Good light tramsmission through protective cover
- Double zipped openings for easy access
- Closeable vent hole to allow air in
- Guy ropes to protect from wind
- 130gsm PVC cover
- Insulated and removable zip attached groundsheet
- Assemble in 30 minutes
- Pack away in accompanying carry/storage bag when not required
- Use in early spring to warm soil and protect early sowings
- Fill with layer of soil and plant up for protected early cropping
- Use in summer as a hot house for peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and courgettes
- Completely portable
- Introduce electric heater if required
What The Press Say
Top Kit - Hot Hat
"Jack Frost is threatening to crack his knuckles so bring half-hardy border perennials and tender exotics into the new Overwintering Plant Tent. This giant fleece cloche with insulated ground sheet needs no heating. Also good for warming soil, raising spring crops and hot-housing tomatoes."