Organic Sunset Apple Trees
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery | Pre-Order for November Despatch.
Organic Sunset apples are very similar to Cox's Orange Pippin but easier to grow and with added resistance to disease, these apple trees will give you plentiful and regular crops of wonderfully striped dessert apples...More information
Pre-Order Fruit Trees for Delivery from November
despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
If you like Cox's Orange Pippin you'll love organic Sunset apples - they're very similar to Cox's but easier to grow and with added resistance to disease, these apple trees will give you plentiful and regular crops of small but wonderfully striped dessert apples.
Available on both moderately vigorous and semi-dwarfing rootstocks, Organic Sunset Apple Trees are perfect for the garden and can be successfully trained and cropped as espaliers or cordons. Sunset is a great variety for growing in bush tree form too and will store until January under the correct conditions following a late September harvest. These Sunset apple trees are supplied as maidens and will do well in almost all corners of UK, allowing the whole country to enjoy the crisp, juicy and sweet Sunset apple taste!
Organic Sunset Apple Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Sunset Apple Trees supplied in moderately vigorous and semi-dwarfing forms
- Vigorous rootstock grown trees approx. 1.5m when supplied and will reach up to 5.5m (18') in bush form
- Semi-dwarfing get to 3.5m (11')
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Pollination group C
- Popular Cox-like dessert variety - pick from late September
- Easier to grow than Cox's
- Good disease resistance
- Will store until January under correct conditions
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Small fruit is striped red over a golden skin
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Great dessert apple for children and lunchboxes
- Summer thinning boosts final yield
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £14.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £14.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0845 218 5301 for a quotation.
Cultural and Growing Advice