Organic Howgate Wonder Apple Trees produce the largest fruit of all our apple trees, the large round apples are striped orange red and make great cooking apples.
The large apples of the Howgate Wonder are sub acid in flavour and can be eaten as a dessert apple, although best sliced due to its size! This organic apple tree grows well in all parts of the UK.
Supplied on Moderate Vigour (MM106) or Semi Dwarfing (M26) Rootstock, the apples can be harvested from early October with the fruit storing well in the right conditions until March.
Organic Howgate Wonder Apple Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Howgate Wonder Apple Trees supplied in moderately vigorous and semi dwarfing form
- Moderately vigorous (MM106 Rootstock) reaches 3.6m-5.5m (12-18ft) high
- Semi dwarfing (M26 Rootstock) reaches 3m-4.5m (10-15ft)
- Very large culinary or cooking apple
- Striped orange red skin
- Pollination group D
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Harvest from early October - will store until March
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.