The large Grenadier apples are flat and round with distinct ribbing and pale green skin and if you'd like a culinary variety to follow Early Victoria, then this hardy and scab resistant type is an excellent choice. Supplied in maiden form for simple espalier or cordon training and initial pruning, Organic Grenadier Apple Trees can be grown as a bush - the moderate rootstock version will reach around 5m (15'). Organic Grenadier Apple Trees are supplied with full siting, planting and training instructions and are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Grenadier Apple Trees supplied in moderately vigorous form
- Vigorous rootstock grown trees approx 1.5m when supplied will reach up to 5.5m (18') in bush form
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Excellent and traditional culinary apple variety
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Pollination group C
- Early culinary variety - pick from mid August
- Will store until October under correct conditions
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Large yellow/green fruit
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.
Cultural and Growing Advice