Introducing the Greenhouse Thermostat to your greenhouse, potting shed or propagation area is like appointing your own Greenhouse Manager as this temperature controlling device will accurately regulate greenhouse heaters and fans up to 3kw in size along with heating mats, soil warming cables and warming mats.
This beefy thermostat was made for greenhouse use - it boasts an IPX4 protection rating for water splashes and high humidity - and the easy-to-read LED display is accompanied by simple push button operation for easy setting of temperatures and flicking between cooling and heating modes.
The flap on the front hides a three-pin plug socket for your chosen appliance and the thermostat itself features a 1m mains power lead and a very handy 1.5m long sensor lead with probe, meaning you can control temperatures in the soil right where cuttings and seedlings need it.
A full instruction guide is supplied with the greenhouse thermostat but it's just a case of choosing your mode and temperature, plugging in your heater or fan and switching on!
- Greenhouse Thermostat runs both greenhouse heaters in winter and fans in the summer
- Compatible with appliances up to 3kw in output
- Mains powered
- Simple push button control
- Designed and manufactured specifically for greenhouse use
- IPX4 rated for complete protection from water splashes and humidity
- 1m long mains power lead
- Use with heaters, fans, soil warming mats, heating cables and warming pads
- Flap on front houses 3-pin plug
- Clear LED temperature display
- Heating and cooling modes
- Simple to set temperature
- 1.5m long sensor cable and probe
- Probe can be pushed into soil to measure temperatures around roots when using heating mats or cables
- Place probe at plant level in greenhouse when operating heaters or fans
- Thermostat range 0°C to 40°C
- Provides economic greenhouse climate control all year round
- Sound investment for the greenhouse grower
It may sound expensive but when heating a greenhouse for many months then the electricity cost soon adds up. Therefore good control is needed to avoid wastage. We found that it was very easy to set up using the clear instructions. It is well made and has excellent protection against water ingress. Seems to work fine!
needed more accurate control of fan heater than poosible with "on board" thermostats. The spec semed ideal and have been using this for about a month. Could be easier to adjust settings but manual is very clear. Solidly built (as you would expect). Switching seems to be be operating just a little out of spec but have adjusted to account for this. A little expensive but if it gives years of good service it will be well worth it.
What The Press Say
Grow Your Own14th January 2014
Propagators on Test - Get your growing season off to a quick start with Dave Finkle's favourite gardening gear
5 ***** Many Greenhouses lack this piece of kit. It is used as a controlling device that you then plug items into, such as heater, coolers and mats. It's triggered into action by a receiver that is put into the soil itself, giving direct control over the soil temperatures required for seed germination and root development. A digital display makes monitoring easy.