Keeping leaves and other plant debris out of your pond has long challenged gardeners and fish enthusiasts, but our Flat Steel Pond Covers provide the perfect solution. Combining the strength of black, polyester powder coated, galvanised steel with the protective qualities of our 19mm mesh knotted netting, the steel pond covers effectively keep leaves and debris out of your pond and helps to protect fish too.
Falling leaves decompose and cause algae to flourish but thanks to the flat Steel Pond Cover designs - available in a wide range of sizes from 1.5m square up to 3.5m square - cloudy water could be a thing of the past! Herons and other fish predators will also struggle to penetrate the knotted net and the steel framework blends into the garden background.
Please note that the Steel Pond Covers are not designed or guaranteed to prevent children or pets from falling into ponds, and young children should always be supervised near garden ponds or water.
*Please note that our Steel Pond Cover sizes are generous and where space is limited please allow an extra 2% to the measurements for fitting.
- Steel Pond Covers manufactured from 25mm/1" square x 1.5mm thick, galvanised and black polyester powder coated steel
- Covered with high quality polyethylene 19mm square mesh knotted net
- Also available in Raised Steel Pond Cover versions
- Netting is whipped neatly onto frame with twine
- Simple to assemble
- Pond covers available in a wide range of sizes from 1.5 sqm to 3.5 sqm
- Lay covers side by side to span larger ponds
- Frames can be easily moved or stored
- 19mm mesh netting will collect all but the smallest of leaves
- Ideal way of preventing leaves and other debris from entering the pond
- Effective deterrent to herons and other predators
- Framework identical to that used on our Heavy Duty Steel Fruit Cages - please note our pond covers sizes are generous please allow an extra 2% for fitting
- Self Assembly required - Full instructions included
- No more struggling with awkward, wet netting
- 10 year framework guarantee
The pond protection frame we ordered has turned out to be an excellent purchase and has put off any herons claiming our fish. It took some time to knit the frame together and was a two-person job, but well worth the investment in time.
Easy to put frame together. The whipping took an hour or so but it will keep the net taught and looks better than using clips. As it is free standing It is easy to push out of the way when I need to clean my pond pump the main reason I decided to buy this frame.