Black Organic Mulching Film
This Black Organic Mulching Film will form a barrier against airborne weeds and create a micro-climate that speeds up root growth. Totally degradable, it is also 100% compostable leaving no trace of residues
This Black Organic Mulching Film has been designed to ensure the greatest wet strength possible, not only totally degradable, it is also 100% compostable, leaving no trace of residues. It has received organic certification for the UK as well as mainland Europe.
- Able to withstand the elements during a typical UK growing season
- Helps to prevent sunlight reaching the soil, inhibits germination of weed seed present in the soil
- Organic Mulching Film creates a barrier against airborne weeds
- Creates a micro-climate that speeds up root growth to establish plants
- When harvesting the Organic Mulching Film can simply be incorporated into the soil
- Once buried, it decomposes along with other vegetable matter
- Supplied in a 1.5m x 10m pack
I bought this thinking it would be a good cover to plant strawberries through which would eventually just compost down. I was also going to put it round the base of fruit bushes to stop the weeds. However when I went to use it, it was obvious that it would stop the water getting into the soil below. I am a novice gardener so the mistake is mine. Perhaps I can put holes into it. As another reviewer mentioned instructions and suggestions would have been useful
I have used this film under my brassicas in a cage. It isn't very easy to handle but you can tear holes for the plant with your fingers. It appears not to be porous which could be a problem as the water will evaporate unless you manage to plant each plant in a dip. It may be necessary to puncture the film and let the water drain. It is a pity there are no instructions with the film. It appears quite robust. Quite expensive so better be good.
Like the idea that product was degradable. Laid out sheet on a rather windy day, so was awkward to handle, as it is lightweight. Once it was weighed down at edges it was fine. Using it for onions, which have now come through. No weeds which is great. Rhubarb to be planted out soon.