Self Watering Tray Kits
These Watering Kits contain a black plastic water reservoir, an aluminium insert to create a raised flat surface and capillary matting - they can keep your plants watered in the greenhouse for up to two weeks.
These Watering Kits contain a black plastic water reservoir, an aluminium insert to create a raised flat surface and capillary matting - they can keep your plants watered in the greenhouse for up to two weeks depending on the type and quantity of plants.
- The capillary matting draws water up from the reservoir
- The plants will then water themselves through their natural capillary action.
- The trays will keep plants watered for up to two weeks, depending on the type and quantity of plants.
- Jumbo Self Watering Tray Kit - 40cm x 116cm x 5cm deep and holds 5 full size seed trays. 18 litre water reservoir.
- Giant Self Watering Kit - 55cm x 120cm x 5cm deep and holds 6 full size seed trays. 30 litre water reservoir
- Square Self Watering Kit - 59cm x 59cm x 7cm deep and holds 3 full size seed trays. 25 litre water reservoir
I bought two of these kits to keep our plants alive when on holiday next month. They are easy to set up and at present my trays and pots of seedlings are growing well and developing good root systems. They have also taken some of the stress out of how much water to give the plants at this time of year when days can be warm and nights still chilly. I feel confident my adult children will be able to top them up while we are away! They are a lot less effort than watering individual pots and trays; you just need to rotate the plants to prevent the roots growing into the matting. Excellent product and service.
We used this to keep our greenhouse seedlings alive while we were away for 8 days in May (although someone did come in and top it up after 4 days). All the seedlings survived. The tray has a large capacity reservoir and the mat ensures a good flow of water to the base of the seed trays. Very pleased with both the product and the prompt service we received from Harrod.