Organic Summersun Cherry Tree
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery.
Partially self fertile, Summersun is a dessert cherries ripening up from dark red to black and produces large dark red sweet cherries perfect for growing in most parts of the UK.The cherries will continue to ripen and become darker red through the growing season...More information
Pre-Order Fruit Trees for Delivery from November
despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
Grown on semi dwarf Gisela 5 rootstock, these appealing Cherries are ideal for the garden and orchard. Plant in a sheltered sunny situation into a fertile soil. Cherries are the first of the fruit trees in the UK to crop from late June. Flowering in April and May they are soon into fruiting. A tree loaded with bright cherries is quite a sight. Pick earlier if you prefer cherries sharper or leave to ripen more on the tree.
Cherry tree growing has been revolutionised over recent years. The advent of more dwarf rootstocks has revived commercial growing meaning earlier fruiting, easier picking, pruning and protection. As a result of cherry breeding programmes in the UK, Canada & Europe new cherry tree varieties have been raised, including self fertile varieties such as Sunburst & Stella, that have doubled the size of fruits.
Organic Summer Sun Cherry Trees are self fertile and will flourish in a sunny location and as these bare-rooted, maiden trees are grown on the semi dwarfing Gisela 5 rootstock, they'll produce more than manageable bush trees and are ready-made for fan training along a south facing wall or fence. Suitable for growing in most of the UK, don't forget to prune your Summer Sun cherry trees shortly after harvest to avoid the unwanted spread of the silverleaf disease. Netting your organic Summer Sun cherries will protect the fruits from birds, meaning more of these garden gastronomic treats for you and your kitchen!
Organic Summer Sun Cherry Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Merryweather Damson Trees supplied in moderately vigorous form on St Julien A rootstocks
- Trees grown on St Julien A rootstock approx. 1.5m when supplied and reach 4-5.5m (12' – 18’)
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Ideal for fan training on a sunny, south facing wall
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Heavy and reliable cropper
- Suitable for growing as a bush tree
- Pollination group C but self fertile
- Popular dessert/culinary variety - pick in September
- Prune young trees in early spring and more established trees in mid-summer to avoid silverleaf
- Fruit is round oval in shape with a blue/black skin and yellow flesh
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Some frost resistance
- Ideal for making jams and preserves
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £14.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £14.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0845 218 5301 for a quotation.