Monarda Cambridge Scarlet is an herbaceous perennial that forms a clump to 90cm in height, with aromatic, bronze-tinged, lanceolate leaves and terminal whorls of deep scarlet, two-lipped flowers.
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Pests & Diseases - slugs, particularly in springtime. Powdery mildew in hot dry weather.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennial. Oval, toothed leaves to 14cm (5½in) long. Flowers to 5cm (2in) long produced in whorls.
- Monarda Cambridge Scarlet (Bee Balm)
- Will not tolerate drying out in summer or excessive winter wet
- Partial Shade - light, dappled shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Height - 90cm (36in)
- Spread - 45cm (18in)
- Flowers July to August
- Supplied in a 1.5 or 2 litre pot
- Allow 7 - 14 days for delivery