Greenhouse Bubble Wrap - 20mm Bubbles
Saves up to 50% on heating costs!
Our greenhouse bubble wrap - bigger 20mm bubbles - is UV stabilised, offers better light tranmission, double laminated for extra strength and saves up to 50% on heating costs. Sold in widths of 1.5m (5ft) wide and extra value packs....More information
Our 1.5m (5') wide, laminated, UV stabilised 20mm bubble wrap greenhouse insulation is the real deal - beware of the packing bubble wrap where you can easily burst the bubbles with your fingers as this won't do the job. Our greenhouse bubble wrap will help to keep an unheated greenhouse frost free so greatly reducing fuel/electricity consumption in heated greenhouses, saving up to 50%on heating costs!
The bigger 20mm double laminated greenhouse bubble wrap insulation should be placed with the bubbles against the glass for maximum effect. Well worth the investment, offers even better light transmission and as importantly the larger depth provides a great insulating effect.
The double construction creates a strong 'sandwich' effect making our bubble insulation the best around - you'll find it hard to burst our bubbles! - and as the material is UV stabilised too, you can bank on it maintaining winter warmth for years to come!
- Bubble Insulation is double laminated for added strength and durability
- UV stabilised so will last for seasons
- Weighs 102g/sqm (not to be confused with cheaper versions weighing only half as much)
- 20mm double laminated bubble insulation provides excellent light transmission
- Can cut greenhouse heating costs by up to 50%!
- Use with our alliplugs
- Easy to fix up and take down
- Will last season after season
- Fit to the inside of the greenhouse to create a heat maintaining double glazing effect
- Allispacers lift bubble insulation off glass creating greater insulation
- Use corner adaptors for neat corner fit
- Available by the linear metre or in Extra Value 10m roll.
Buy Extra Value 10 metre roll - Save £5.00!
Delivery was delayed but as weather was not to cold it was ok . great price for the bigger bubble!! Will order again thank you
Great stuff, not exactly easy to fit, but that's probably down to me rather than the product. Delivery a bit slow, though, and left propped against the front door - which gave my wife a fright when she opened the door!
How to Insulate the Greenhouse
It’s a great idea to line the inside of your greenhouse during the winter – it’s economical, quick, will frost-proof the structure and can extend the growing season for up to 6 weeks. Working out how much bubble insulation (product code GHE-015) you need and just how to fit it can be a problem, so the chart below will give a rough guide to what you’ll need!
Size of Greenhouse (feet) Amount of Bubble Wrap Required
6 x 4 14m (2 rolls, 1.5m wide)
6 x 8 18m (2 rolls, 1.5m wide)
8 x 10 21m (3 rolls, 1.5m wide)
8 x 12 27m (3 rolls, 1.5m wide)
Don’t forget to allow 3 alliplugs (GHE-009) and spacers (GHE-010) per glazing bar; likewise with the corner adaptors (GHE-011).
When fitting the insulation, the following information may help.
- Measure from the floor to the apex of the greenhouse up one side and back down other, and cut the insulation to length.
- Go to the back of the greenhouse, away from the door then fold the insulation in half and secure the middle to the top ridge.
- Work along each glazing bar securing the insulation to the roof and sides with the alliplugs.
- Have a sharp knife handy to cut the bubble wrap where the vents and windows are sited. Repeat for the next panel, gradually working towards the door.
- The end panel which includes the door is best tackled by attaching the insulation to the outside of the structure, cutting to size and then securing inside.
- Simply cut the insulation which covers the door as this will allow both access and the bubble wrap to hang down – it’s a good tip to allow extra bubble wrap below the door which you can fold and weigh down, allowing less cold air to enter.
What The Press Say
On Test - Cold Protection - Dave Finkle reviews a range of fleeces, cloches and covers for the winter plot
Best Buy - Practicality 5***** Value 5***** Storability 5***** This is big bubble wrap that you can't pop! As bubble wrap goes, this is simply industrial and effective. The large air pockets will act like mini bio domes. The product is designed to line your greenhouse for the winter. Typical of Harrod products, even simple bubble wrap meets all of its demands! Boasting that it is UV stabilised, the product will last for several years. Due to the size of the air pockets, your greenhouse will be kept frost-free without the need for additional help from heaters, which makes it a very attractive price. It really is well made and reassuringly tuff! With Harrod you have the option of buying by the metre or as a 10 metre roll.
On Test - Indoor Growing - Dave Finkle
This bubble wrap has 20mm air pockets which creates more efficient thermal stability. Basically a larger cavity gives better protection from frosts. A single layer acting as a curtain is all you would need to remove the risk of freeze burn. Don't forget the fact that you can manipulate bubble insulation as a ground fleece or cloche too