A non-toxic wood preserver which gives a rustic, aged weathered look and only needs applying once sounds like the stuff of dreams to wooden raised bed gardeners and DIY enthusiasts – but Eco-Wood Treatment is a reality!...More information
A non-toxic wood preserver which gives a rustic, aged weathered look and only needs applying once sounds like the stuff of dreams to wooden raised bed gardeners and DIY enthusiasts – but Eco-Wood Treatment is a reality!
Supplied in packets which are simply mixed with water, the environmentally safe treatment is available in both 4.5 and 22 litre sizes and can be painted onto raised beds, fences, decking, wooden panels and plenty of other timber garden structures. Eco-Wood treatment can be used both indoors and out, the finished silvery patina/high end aged weathered look compliments any garden setting and you’re safe in the knowledge that when applying the natural organic treatment, no inert particles are added.
Eco Wood Treatment supplied in 4.5 and 22 litre sizes
- Simply dilute with water to use
- 4.5 litre pack treats 14sqm
- Treat 70sqm with 22 litre pack
- One treatment lasts a lifetime
- Treatment is a powder composed of natural substances derived from minerals
- Contains no solvents and leaves no harmful residue in water or soil
- Perfectly safe to use on raised beds for growing edible plants
- Use on any structure that penetrates into the soil or into the water
- Contains only 100% organic compounds
- Will not wear off, fade or peel
- Eco Wood Treatment spreads and covers the exposed wood as cracking occurs
- Use on raised beds, fences, decking and all timber garden structures
- Suitable for use indoors and out
- Gives an attractive weathered finish
- Enhances natural colour, grain and beauty of wood
- Penetrates wood fibres for long-lasting protection
- Apply with a brush, roller, sprayer or by dipping
- Safe to use around plants and pets
I used this on some raised beds I built from new scaffold boards that I brought cheap as they were damaged it was easy to apply and in the few weeks that have passed it has coloured the boards a nice grey. Again like other reviews I wont know how well it preserves them as its too early to tell but I would definitely use this product again.
This product arrived very quickly and was as described. Obviously, it's difficult to rate the performance of the product as it has not been tested for very long in the elements yet! However, it was extremely easy to apply.
Bought this for a dual purpose - firstly to give added rot protection to my Superior Raised Beds. The product is easy to use but I won't know if it works for several years yet. Secondly I wanted to give a grey finish to the beds as the soft wood is quite yellow in appearance. For this the Eco-Wood didn't work. Read the small print and it doesn't work on wood that has already been treated at all. The HH raised beds are pressure treated. So no grey finish except in small patches where I guess the pressure treatment isn't so good. Disappointed with this as the Eco- Wood treatment (22l) is very expensive.