Strawberry Raised Growing Table
The Strawberry Growing Table is the ideal garden planter if you've always wanted to grow your own strawberries but have limited garden space - it's an instant strawberry patch...More information
The Strawberry Growing Table is the ideal garden planter if you've always wanted to grow your own strawberries but have limited garden space - it's an instant strawberry patch!
Ideal for patios, balconies and courtyards and out of the reach of slugs, snails and other infamous growbag pests, the space saving strawberry growing frame is a great strawberry growing solution. Not only will fruit grown on the ingenious strawberry table be kept well ventilated (so less prone to rot) but the elevated 72cm high by 57cm wide and 1m long frame means easier access for you and less bending.
We've even thought of a way to protect your fruit from birds - the optional Hoop and Netting Kit simply sits over the strawberry growing frame and keeps those ripening berries safe! Easy to erect and dismantle, the galvanised hoop system (108cm L x 115cm W x 104cm H) complete with fitted anti-butterfly cover is designed to cover the wooden strawberry growing frame but can be used for any situation when butterflies and birds aren't welcome!
And when the season's over, the strawberry growbag growing frame is easily dismantled via wing nuts for easy storage - allowing you to simply lift the growbags/troughs and plants into a greenhouse for the winter. The strawberry raised growing table comes complete with assembly instructions, the growbags and the troughs are not supplied.
- Strawberry Raised Growing Table measures 100cm L x 57cm W x 72cm H
- Will accomodate 3 growbags
- Each shelf measures 1m L x 14.5cm W
- Manufactured from Scandinavian softwood sourced from sustainably managed forests
- High pressure treated using safe preserve for longevity
- Elevates susceptible crops off the floor
- Increase air flow and ventilation around plants
- Stops ground dwelling pests such as slugs in their tracks
- Ideal for patio, balcony and courtyard use
- Optional Hoop and Netting Kit (108cm L x 115cm W x 104cm H) also available for complete crop protection
- Kit comes with two hoops and supports and fitted 7mm mesh butterfly netting cover
- This product is supplied as a kit for easy self assembly
one piece of wood was split on arrival. Another piece split when bolt was tightened. As per the review written in 2012, the screw holes for the lower 2 planks do not line up with the struts so you end up having to make 8 more. Product description says it comes with grow bags, it doesn't......
Many thanks for your feedback - the product details have now been amended to make it clear the growbags and troughs are not included with the strawberry table.
Easy to assemble, managed to do it by myself. I have 12 plants in the troughs and so far they are all looking extremely healthy. Much easier to manage than when they were in the vegetable garden - no slugs/mould etc. Might get another one for next year. Only drawback compared to being in the ground is that you have to make sure the soil doesn't dry out, but so far this year that hasn't been a problem!