Gripple Plant Support System
The Gripple Plant Support System is ideal for supporting all sorts of crops and plants, from beans and cane fruit to ornamentals, such as roses and clematis and it is sturdy enough for climbers like wisteria, or to train fruit trees...More information
The Gripple Plant Support System is simple but extremely effective, and is suitable for both outdoor and greenhouse use, supplied as a Starter Kit with the option of purchasing additional Gripple Wire and Gripple Clips.
The Gripple plant support system can be used on both walls and fences
Brickwork or rendered walls - drill and plug a hole first, then use vine eyes as anchoring points. Wooden fences or posts - screw vine eyes directly into the wood, or simply thread the nylon wire around the post. The Gripple system will support up to 100 kg (220 lbs) of load.
- The Starter Kit consists 30m (100ft) of tough UV-stabilised solid 2.5mm dia. nylon 'wire' that lasts up to 15 years and 4 reinforced glass fibre Gripple clips with ceramic rollers and stainless steel springs and 4 vine-eyes.
- The push-fit mechanism allows for multiple lines to be installed in minutes and tensioned by hand.
- The Gripple system is the fastest way to trellis fruit and vines.
- You can forget about sagging wires and snapping strings once you have a Gripple System
- Ideal for Clematis and wisteria, for supporting raspberries and runner beans in the vegetable garden, and even for creating a framework for vines.
- The Gripple clips are fitted with rollers that grip the nylon 'wire' in one direction, but instantly lock in the other, so the wire can be easily tensioned, and further tension can always be applied.
- The components are made from non-rusting materials so can be used in any situation, and were originally developed for the viticulture industry.
- Additional UV-stabilised solid 2.5mm dia. nylon gripple 'wire' is supplied 50m long
- Additional Gripple Clips are supplied in packs of 10.
A brilliant product but I would have benefited from clearer instructions, as I managed to insert the wire the wrong way round - grrr! It really does the job, though
We have used the Gripple Plant Support System before, and it has well stood the test of time, so when we extended our fruit cage we had no hesitation in purchasing this product again. t
The Gripple system is easy to use and works very well. I was uncertain how easy the tensioning of the wires would be but it is a breeze. My only gripe (Griple?) would be that it works out quite expensive, but if it does the job and lasts well than it may pay in the longer term. My raspeberries and cordon fruit look very professional.
The Gripple garden trellis system can be used on both walls and fences
Brickwork or rendered walls - drill and plug a hole firs, then use vine eyes as anchoring points. Wooden fences or posts - screw vine eyes directly into the wood, or simply thread the nylon wire around the post
A few easy steps...
- Position the vine eyes with a support point every 3.0 - 3.5m
- Pull the nylon wire from the centre of the reel and feed through each vine-eye
- Before the final vine eye, slide a gripple tensioner 20cm onto the wire - using the large centre hole
- Feed the nylone wire through the vine eye (or around a post) and back into the large centre hole of the tensioner
- Now anchored, cut the nylon wire at the reel and repeat the last two steps
- To tension by hand, remove the slack by pulling the nylon tail wire
What The Press Say
This plant support starter kit can be used both outdoors and in the greenhouse to train and support a wide range of plants. The kit contains 30m (100ft) of lightweight flexible plastic wire and four green plastic gripple joiners which contain internal serrated rollers. These allow you to easily tension and join the training wire to create a secure plant support system. Voted Best for Vigorous Climbers.