Celery Green Utah (10 Plants) Organic
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery | Despatch from Late April
Celery Green Utah produces bright green stalks which are sweet and crisp, a perfect salad vegetable but can also be used in many other dishes and soups
Plants are delivered from late April to July
Minimum Quantity on Veg Plant Orders is Three Packs (any varieties)
Delivery from late April onwards
Celery Green Utah produces bright green stalks which are sweet and crisp, a perfect salad vegetable but can also be used in many other dishes and soups.
The organic celery plants are supplied as 10 separate plants, bare-rooted and ready to be planted.
- Organic Celery Green Utah 10 Plants
- Supplied bare rooted ready for planting
- Plants measure 8-18cm
- Harvest from late September
- Delivery from late April onwards
- Please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery
Celery loves deep fertile soil that is very moist but not boggy. Plenty of organic matter is essential and celery prefers acid to alkaline conditions so never give it lime.
Celery can be grown in Raised Beds or Pots and Containers with plants spaced 25m apart.
Celery Green Utah is a variety that is easy to grow, just follow the following rules and you should get a good crop.
- Remove Side Shoots - as the plants develop cut off the side shoots to that they shoot straight upwards.
- If you are growing the celery in pots it is best to add a liquid feed every 2 weeks
- Keep them well watered as celery needs moist soil to grow successfully, so make sure you give them plenty of water and don't let them dry out.
Celery will reach its full size in the Autumn from August to October. When your plants are big enough simply cut them off at the stalk.
Celery can be prone to attack from slugs so be sure to protect them - Nemaslug is a natural alternative to pellets and is a safe, but effective slug killer.