WaterWand Heliomatic 130 Solar Irrigation Kit
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery
The WaterWand Heliomatic 130 Solar Irrigation Kit requires no mains water supply or electricity and it won't waste your valuable water butt collected and stored water by irrigating garden plants when the weather is cloudy or overcast...More information
The WaterWand Heliomatic 130 Solar Irrigation Kit requires no mains water supply or electricity and it won't waste your valuable water butt-collected and stored water by irrigating garden plants when the weather is cloudy or overcast; instead, this ingenious solar powered pump system will automatically spring into life when the sun beats down and your plants need moisture the most.
The engine room of the system is the pump unit which is simply mounted above a water butt (you'll need to supply your own water butt!) and pumps water every three hours - the quantity delivered depends on the sunshine hours and the position of the control knob.
Water is delivered to your plants by the 10 dripper nozzles, 10m of distribution piping and all the various fixings you'll need and is ideal for irrigating raised beds, open borders and even greenhouse watering.
The WaterWand Heliomatic 130 Solar Irrigation Kit provides a simple and highly effective solution to garden watering - just add water (and a water butt)!
- WaterWand Heliomatic 130 Solar Irrigation Kit requires no mains water or electricity
- Kit comprises of pump unit, tubing and dripper nozzles
- Pump houses solar charged battery
- Water only delivered when required in sunny conditions unlike timer-run systems
- Use with a water butt or other storage tank (not supplied)
- Pump unit has adjustable water quantity setting
- Water delivered every 3 hours
- Quantity of water pumped varies with sunshine hours and control knob setting
- Ideal for holiday watering
- Includes 10m of distribution pipe, 10 dripper nozzles and stakes
- All neccessary fittings included
- Full installation and operating instructions supplied
- Ideal for use in raised beds, open borders, vegetable plots and even hanging baskets
Bought this early Spring, and it won't be really tested until tomato time in the greenhouse. Seems reliable enough so far. The plastic connectors look a bit fragile, and I'm taking great care not to snap one. Was a bit surprised to see "suitable for 5 large hanging baskets" on the box, didn't see that on the website, maybe I missed it. I've always found these automatic waterers a bit unreliable. So far, points above aside, this one looks pretty good.
the kit is efficient although there are some limitation in delivering the water pressure to the end of the "pipeline"! this applies to larger greenhouses where some of the pots are on 5/6 foot high shelves. It is vital to have a water butt outside high enough to help with pressure. Ours is a 500 litres one! Design ok, very much better than the previous black box, larger solar panel, better pump, the whole structure seems to be more reliable, in october batteries need to be charged up, disconnected and stored in a warm place if we want them to work the next season together with the device.
It probably says it all that I am now buying my secont unit .I bought a waterwand heliomatic 130 (which is essentially the previous model) in the autumn and have been so impressed. Very easy to use even for DIY novice like me; although hose joins do leak slightly it hasn't been a problem. Water use from the butt has actually gone down as the watering is so efficient.