Strulch Dual Action Garden Mulch
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery - Ordering 3+ bags? Please call for a P&P quote
Strulch Dual Action Garden Mulch is a mineralized wheat straw garden mulch which reduces weed growth by up to 95%, enriches soil, helps to retain moisture, offers protection around plants and also deters slugs and snails...More information
Buy 2 & SAVE £1 on Strulch Garden Mulch
Now also repels slugs and snails
Strulch Garden Mulch is used by famous sites such as RHS Wisley, Ryton Organic Gardens, The Eden Project and has been featured on BBC Gardeners World at Berryfields. A light and easy to use mineralized wheat straw garden mulch which reduces weed growth by up to 95%, enriches soil, helps to retain moisture, offers protection around plants and also deters slugs and snails.
- Strulch has a neutral pH and can be used throughout the garden on borders, raised beds, around cultivated fruit and on vegetable plots
- Reduces weed growth by up to 95%, enriches soil and its structure and helps retain moisture around plants
- This mineralised straw garden mulch, lasts up to two years, spreading the cost, saving water and fertiliser, making your plants grow healthier and stronger and giving you more time to relax.
- Mulching with Strulch is good gardening practice because it provides a protective covering for the soil, assists in the retention of soil moisture so that nutrients are more easily absorbed by plant roots and also protect roots from heat stress.
- Being biodegradable and will break down over time, adding valuable organic matter and nutrients to enrich your soil, improve drainage and make your plants grow healthily.
- Encourages earthworm activity by acting as a long term food source for surface feeding species, which makes your soil even better.
- Strulch is made from renewable and local resources which do not harm the environment
- The physical properties of Strulch together with the embedded minerals deters slugs and snails
- Strulch has been used at the following prestigious gardens and sites RHS Wisley,The Eden Project, Ryton Organic Gardens, Helmsley Walled Garden - the gardens of the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland and The Duke and Duchess of Westminster's estate at Eaton Hall in Cheshire and Strulch has featured regularly at Berryfields on BBC Gardeners World.
- Supplied in 100 litre bags which will cover up to 3 square metres.
Please note there is a maximum of 10 bags per order. - Ordering 2+ bags? Please call for a P&P quote
Strulch is easy to use, works well as mulch and weed suppressant and looks attractive when applied to borders and rose beds. It needs to be used generously and is, therefore, pretty expensive, even when ordering two bags - 5 stars otherwise
I was amazed at the speed of delivery and looked at the courier blankly at first! Great variety and range of products at Harrod H. I cant wait to see how the Strulch I ordered performs (sounds promising), and the Biochar Seed Compost feels like gold dust in my hands. High Hopes this year!
What The Press Say
Strulch was recommended to me by a reader and I have not been disappointed. It is mineralised wheat straw mulch that claims to reduce weed growth by up to 95%. It ticks all the boxes as it retains moisture, enriches the soil, offers protection to plants and deters slugs and snails. An organic product that is used by the Eden Project in Cornwall and RHS Wisley, it is lightweight to use and has a neutral pH so is suitable for ornamental and productive gardens. Can't find fault so it is my EDITORS CHOICE
Head Gardener at Berryfields
I have fallen in love with mineralised straw it's a perfect mulch as it doesn't hold onto the water. Spread it thickly and dig it in to add bulk to the soil at the end of the season. It definitely saved our Florence fennel from the worst of the drought. If water is scarce, conserve it for critical periods of growth.