Steel Rods - Natural Rust Finish
Designed & Manufactured in the UK!
Create your own vegetable cage with these steel rods, designed to be secured in place with our innovative disk nodes and sphere finials, to create any size vegetable cage or frame to protect or support your plants ...More information
The strong steel rods are 10mm thick and are supplied as degreased plain steel which quickly develops an even rust coating. Ideal for a traditional or rustic style kitchen garden or vegetable plot.
The rods are available in a range of sizes and have a hooked end to secure firmly into the corner fixing nodes. The unique pressed steel disk node is exceptionally strong and offers great versatility to build your own cages. It allows the hooked end of the horizontal rods to connect to verticals at variable angles to create irregular shaped frames and fences on both flat and sloping sites. The disk node can also be adjusted to heights of up to 1.5m above the ground which enables extra disk nodes to be added to the verticals and further horizontal bars to be linked in at lower levels to create multi-level support frames - ideal as espalier and raspberry supports.
The rods are available as vertical bars, to be pushed 30cm into the ground for rigidity and topped with the sphere finials and horizontal bars, which have hooks to fit into the securing disk nodes. Netting can then be draped over the framework to create a robust protection cage ideal for fuit and vegetables.
- Designed and manufactured by us in the UK
- Supplied in plain degreased steel which quickly develops an even rust coating
- 5 year structural guarantee
- Supplied as vertical bars and hortizontal bars
- Vertical bars to be pushed 30cm into the ground for support
- Vertical bars measure 1.35m & 1.85m
- Horizontal bars measure 0.5m, 1.0m, 1.5m, 2.0m & 2.5m
- Supplied as single rods or save with 4 packs
- Securing Disk Nodes available as singles and 4 packs
- Sphere finials 50mm diameter available separately
- Huge range of Garden Netting available separately