Steel Ground Sockets
Make installation of your Walk-In Steel Fruit and Vegetable Cage even easier - especially in particularly hard or stony soil - with our Steel Ground Sockets and Driving Cap...More information
Make installation of your Walk-In Steel Fruit and Vegetable Cage even easier - especially in particularly hard or stony soil - with our Steel Ground Sockets and Driving Cap. Just hammer the sockets into the ground - protected by the cap - and insert the cage upright, which will be held firmly in position.
- Steel Ground Sockets and Driving Cap suitable for use with all three versions of our steel fruit cages - standard, peaked or domed.
- Socket holds upright firmly in position to a depth of 325mm
- Measures 3.8cm in diameter
- Manufactured from pre-galvanised steel
- Punched dimples hold upright in place
- Footplates must be used in conjunction with sockets on uneven sites
- Only one driving cap required for any number of sockets
- Not suitable for use with our aluminium cages
I had a cage for several years (purchased before ground sockets were available) which had sunk by up to 10" in places and acquired a serious tilt. The ground sockets and foot plates have enabled me to straighten it. I was surprised at how large and sturdy they were. The pictures do not give a good idea of the size. Very pleased with the result.
I had used the ground sockets to put up my fruit cage. They improved anchoring and made it reasonably easy for me to erect the cage (20 feet X 20 feet) single handed. I wanted to put up some raspberry support frames inside the cage. The soil is soft to a considerable depth and I wasn't happy that the frame would stand in strong winds so I decided to try using the steel ground sockets. They worked a treat and the raspberry frame work is much more stable. The also made putting up the frame much easier. I could assemble each support with the cross bars and then simply drop it into the ground socket.