Steel Fruit Cage Mid Brace
These Steel Fruit Cage Mid Braces give our already robust walk-in steel fruit and vegetable cages even more extra rigidity when exposed to high winds or softer soil...More information
These Steel Fruit Cage Mid Braces give our already robust walk-in steel fruit and vegetable cages even more extra rigidity when exposed to high winds or softer soil.
The Mid Brace is designed to strengthen the sides of cages. Braces for the Steel Fruit Cages are also available as Corner Braces to provide extra strength to the corners of cages and Single Side Braces for strengthening the corners where a door prevents a corner brace being used.
It is possible to fit the fruit cage strengthening braces retrospectively but it will involve dismantling and removing the roof top bars to do so, so our advice is to fit the braces when initially assembling the cage.
- Steel Fruit Cage Braces only required in particularly exposed locations or where soil is very light
- Mid Brace is designed to strengthen the sides of cages over 6m.
- Steel Fruit Cage Mid Braces consist of 2 steel struts, stainless steel fittings and clamps.
- We recommend that on larger cages (in any direction) at least the middle upright is braced on the sides over 6m
- Easily fitted and adjusted with an allen key (not included)
- Corner Braces and Single Sided Braces also available.
An excellent prouct that really makes a difference to the stability of the cage.
STEEL FRUIT CAGE BRACES FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How many support braces would I need for my fruit cage?
The amount and type of support brace will vary depending on the size of the cage. Please contact our Customer Services Department or call us on 0845 218 5301 for further information.
2. Can braces be added to my cage at a later date, if required?
Yes, braces can be added to a cage that has already been erected. However, it will be a little tricky because you would need to remove the horizontal bars and connectors from the uprights in order to add these parts.
3. Can I fit the braces to internal uprights, as well as external?
The braces are designed to be fitted to the external uprights, but there is no reason why you cannot also add them to the internal uprights, to give your cage that extra stability.