Slug Copper Rings (large)
Slug Copper Rings Slugs put the brakes on the gardener's biggest enemy, slugs, as they are unable to attack plants surrounded by one of these copper rings...More information
SAVE ££s with 2 Packs of Slug Copper Rings
Slug Copper Rings Slugs put the brakes on the gardener's biggest enemy, slugs, as they are unable to attack plants surrounded by one of these copper rings. The copper ring forms a physical barrier around plants and also gives slugs an unpleasant shock-like sensation when they try and cross or climb the copper, caused by a reaction between the metal and the mucus they rely on to move.
The Slug Copper Rings are available in 17cm diameter size for larger plants and supplied as a pack of 6.
- Large rings measure 17cm across
- Slug Copper Rings form a physical barrier round the plant
- Shock-like sensation deters the slug should it attempt to scale the copper
- Rings pull apart to enable them to be removed from climbers or bushy plants
- When applying, ensure that the area is free from slugs and that no leaves are touching the surrounding soil
- Copper will dull quickly after handling and exposure to weather
- Weathered Slug Copper Rings turn a brown colour and blend with the soil
- Discoloured ring does not affect performance
Extra Value Saver on Large Twin Packs - Save up to £3
These copper rings are the best slug deterrent ever. I had bought some a couple of years ago so they have been on trial since then and I am very pleased with the results. They are not cheap but they really do work and are a good investment. The first pack I bought were two different sizes but I found I joined them up to suit large plants so I bought a pack of all large sizes this time. I shall certainly be coming back for more. As ever, it was a pleasure to deal with Harrod once again!
Unfortunately, they still let the slugs in and 2 of my hostas were eaten away while we were away for 2 weeks. I still have to put slug pellets inside and outside the rings, but they are better than anything else I have tried. Last year I bought from you the copper tape too. This was hopeless and had no effect at all. Daphne Leith
Slug Copper Rings