Slot Together Compost Bins
Our Wooden Compost Bins made from high pressure treated FSC wood, exclusively designed and manufactured by us with planks that slot in and slide out of aluminium post fixings and its all backed up by a 4 year structural guarantee ....More information
Buy a medium 3 Bay System & Save £25
(1 x 564 ltr starter bin, 2 additional bins & 3 lids)
Our Wooden Compost Bins made from high pressure treated FSC wood, exclusively disigned and manufactured by us with 15mm thick planks that slot in and slide out of aluminium post fixings and its all backed up by a 4 year structural guarantee and encompass all that's good about composting and make producing your own invaluable home made garden compost as easy as possible.
Any compost bin worth its salt features a generous capacity, easy access and airflow and a lid and the slot together version delivers all this and more; after initial construction, the bin is quickly assembled, each wooden panel slides out the channelled corner posts and with the simple starter and additional bin options available in two sizes, you can create a bin configuration to take all the compostable material your home and garden can produce!
Each slot together compost bin stands 78cm high; the medium starter bin measures 93cm square and has a 564 litre capacity, whilst the large starter (1.33m square) will hold 1219 litres; a 4 year structural guarantee, thanks to the high pressure treated FSC approved wood, gives you complete composting peace of mind and the optional lid helps retain heat, moisture and deter pests.
- Slot Together Compost Bins available in two sizes
- Medium bin measures 93cm square
- Large is 1.33m square
- Both sizes of bin stand 78cm H
- Planks measure 15mm thick
- Starter bins used as single stand-alone bins
- 3-sided additional bins link to starter bin to make multi-bay systems for sequential composting
- Add an extra bin for separate leaf mould
- Optional lids also available
- Medium bins have a 564 litre capacity
- Large hold 1219 litres each
- Wood is FSC sourced and high pressure treated
- Panels simply slot into channels in corner posts
- Posts reinforced with aluminium side profiles
- Just slide out panels for access and heap maintenance
- Slatted sides allow some air flow
- Lids fit inside frame for a flush finish
- Instructions contain detailed compost making info
- Self assembly required
I have always built my own composter out of spare material - usually too big to turn over material and empty. This is just great - right sizes and best of all can be moved when empty.
I was replacing a previous compost bin, and although the design is improved, with the metal suppots to the side pieces, it took a whole afternoon to screw all the screws in, before I was able to errect the bin. An Electric screw driver would be a helpful tool.
Our Master Composter Martin Fiddes says; "Home composting is a must for any serious gardener. Well rotted compost adds essential organic matter to soil along with humus and greatly improves structure and the soil's ability to hold onto water and nutrients.
What's more, home composting is free, can be easy and greatly helps the environment as less compostable material makes it to landfill sites where it produces harmful methane gas - and you cut down on trips to the garden centre to buy compost too. It's a win/win situation!
It's also surprising how much compostable material your garden and kitchen produces; of course there's the usual, stems, deadheaded flowers, leaves and spent plants from the veg patch or border but don't forget kitchen peelings, cardboard and newspaper from inside the house. Filling a bin or building a heap is never a problem!"