Our Harrod Slot & Lock® Aluminium Portacage is just what vegetable growers and kitchen gardeners have been waiting for; a fortress of a vegetable cage which you can simply pick up and place anywhere you like in the garden!
The secret of the success of the portable vegetable cage is the very tough but exceptionally light, matt black powder coated 16mm aluminium tubing which forms a rigid framework, ably assisted by our hi-tech, durable and reusable, matt black ABS plastic Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors. This protective, freestanding structure can easily be lifted by two or more people and moved from bed to bed - ideal for crop rotation - and with 1.5m of clear growing height, along with a covering of soft 7mm mesh butterfly netting, your fruit and vegetables inside will be as safe as houses!
Suitable for use over a small pond as well as in the kitchen garden, the Harrod Slot & Lock® aluminium portable vegetable cage can be taken down in the blink of an eye and takes up little room when storing - and being aluminium, the black tubing (practically invisible when in position) will not rust. The Slot & Lock connectors simply push onto the 1.2mm gauge aluminium tubing framework and are securely held in place by tightening the stainless steel screws, allowing the cage configuration to be easily changed.
Extending your aluminium vegetable cage is simple as well as all the aluminium tubing components, netting, pegs and Slot & Lock connectors are available separately – we’ve even got Slot & Lock brace kits to give your vegetable cage extra rigidity in windy and exposed locations and in light soil.
- Harrod Slot & Lock® Aluminium Portacages stand 1.5m H
- Framework made from matt black powder coated aluminium tubing
- 16mm diameter tubing
- 1.2mm wall thickness
- Tubing held securely together by durable and reusable black ABS plastic Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors
- Available in a number of length and width options
- Covered with 7mm mesh butterfly netting
- Netting keeps out crop-wrecking butterflies but allows smaller pollinating insects through
- Assemble and dismantle in minutes
- Connectors hold tubing firmly in position - no turning, spinning or falling out
- Ground frame makes cage competely portable - no pushing uprights into soil
- Ideal for spot protection of ripening or fruiting crops
- Tall enough to accommodate fruit bushes - place over when fruit is developing and ripening
- Supplied complete with assembly instructions
- Cage kit includes all tubing, connectors & netting. Steel ground pegs are available separately.
- All components also available separately
- Extending cage or changing configuration simple
- Full 1.5m of growing height
- Black coated aluminium non-rusting so will last years
- Ideal for crop rotation
- Can also be used to cover and protect ponds
- This product is supplied as a kit for self assembly.