These re-usable Rootrainers hinge open to allow easy removal of the plant with no root disturbance, ready for transplanting and provides the best growing system for seeds, plugs and cuttings, developing strong, fibrous root systems...More information
SAVE £2 on 128 cell Rootrainer Packs
Rootrainers provide the best growing system for seeds, plugs and cuttings by way of the deep ribbed cells which help seedlings develop strong, fibrous root systems.
The unique open-bottomed design of the cells allow earlier root tips to make contact with the air and die off, which are replaced by fresh young roots. The re-usable cells hinge open to allow easy removal of the plant, with no root disturbance, ready for transplanting.
- Available in 12cm deep only
- 64 cell pack consists 2 trays of 32 cells and 2 clear propagating lids - giving a potential 64 plants
- Deep Rootrainers are ideal for beans, sweet peas and strawberries and other deep rooting plants
- Rapid Rootrainers the choice for salad crops, bedding plants and all annuals not requiring deep rooting space
- Re-useable cells simply hinge open to allow the plant to be removed without damaging the roots
See our Extra Value Twin packs and save £2
Bought two trays last year and decided the result was so good I've ordered another two. Living in the north it enables me to plant indoors for an earlier start to crops
These root trainers are absolutely brilliant. Got my peas, beans, parsnips and carrots off to a wonderful start. Won't bother using cardboard tubes any more! Can't recommend them enough.
What The Press Say
Tried and Tested : Unheated Propagators
18/20 high score.
Tried And Tested : Seed Sowing